Monday, March 25, 2019

Western Center Student Wins Spongebob Art Contest

The award-winning Sponge Bob Squarepants Fan Art T-shirt design by Pottsgrove High School senior and Western Center for Technical Studies student Alexi Neiffer


Blogger's Note: The following was provided by the Western Center for Technical Studies.

Pottsgrove High School senior Alexi Neiffer was selected as a Finalist for the Spongebob Squarepants T-Shirt Design Contest that was held in October 2018.

Alexi Neiffer
Alexi’s design was selected by judges: Marc Ceccarelli (Co-Executive Producer), Vincent Waller (Co-Executive Producer), and Ed Labay (VP, GMM of Hot Topic).

She was awarded $300 for her design, and it is in the process of being printed onto t-shirts and will be sold online and in Hot Topic stores. 

Alexi will also receive 1.5% commission on every t-shirt that is sold with her design.

“I grew up watching Spongebob, and as I got older I realized that I related more to Squidward Tentacles," Neiffer said. 
Look for Neiffer's shirts soon in Hot Topic stores.

"This inspired me to create a design based on Squidward, and his depressing but humorous life. Ironically, my ”hopes and dreams” came true when I found out my design will be sold at my favorite store,” she said.

Neiffer has been in David Batory’s Commercial Arts class since 2016, and was just accepted into the Art & Design program at Kutztown University, where she will study Communication Design. 

This is not the first contest Alexi has been apart of, and it won’t be the last. 

Make sure you keep an eye out for her design in Hot Topic stores across the nation.


No comments:

Post a Comment