Photo by Evan Brandt
Photo of a Photo: Mercury Photographer Kevin Hoffman arranges borough council and staff for the photo that will be buried in the new time capsule to be opened in 50 years and buried about where the officials are standing.
Wednesday was a long one as borough council meetings go.
Starting at 6:30 p.m. with two conditional use hearings and now winding up until 9:30.
There were lots of things discussed, but the major ones in no particular order were:
- What to do about expiring fire services agreements;
- Whether a cell tower should be allowed at the wastewater treatment plant;
- Whether to re-name Cross Street for Newstell Marable;
- Whether to renew the lease with Fly-Elite to operate Pottstown airport;
- Whether to move forward with a new LERTA district;
- Whether to finance new emergency radios from the county and own them or allow fire companies to buy them from the borough;
- And a few others.
You can read all about them in the Tweets below and in upcoming stories in The Mercury, your local newspaper for more than 75 years.