Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A (Really) Full Agenda

OK, so I was late. Sue me. I was still the only news organization there.
So as the first Tweet indicates, I was late for the Pottsgrove School Board meeting Tuesday, but it wasn't entirely my fault.

The web site said it started at 7:30, but it actually started at 6:30 p.m., which is how they roll under the new system in which the committee meetings are rolled into the regular meetings

Anyway, the important things discussed were the field trip policy, which was tangled up with word that the 6th Grade trip to New York City may be in jeopardy; the pending change in grade configuration; new classes proposed for the high school; an update on the high school project, which is a little ahead of schedule; a budget review which showed the potential for a 3.56 percent tax hike, costing a homeowner with a $120,000 assessment an additional $152 a year; and more.

Yeah, you read that right.

There's other stuff mixed in there too, including Tweets from some who were following my Tweets from the meeting.

Check them all out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment