Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Little Christmas Music.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I won't lie to you, it has been a pretty rough season this time around.

From Newtown, to Andy Paravis and Job Price leaving us before their time it has not been easy to muster up a lot of Christmas spirit this year.

However, if hope springs eternal then Christmas is a close second.

And so, with little fanfare, I present to you an edited selection of the Pottstown School District's holiday band concert last week.

The visual isn't much to look at as I was sitting halfway back in the Strom Auditorium.

And it was dark.

And, while my Mercury provided camera is handy, it's not exactly top-of-the line.

But hey, you go to a concert to listen, not to watch right?

As usual, my favorite part is the community sing-a-long at the end with the Pottstown High School Band (one of which I have posted here in it's entirety.)

I'm not much of a singer, but, with a community sing-a-long, you don't have to be.

(If you notice that the Pottstown Middle School seems to get a little more play then the rest, that's because I'm a parent before I'm a blogger.)

Happy Holidays everyone, and enjoy. We begin with the high school band and the sing-along to "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"



Now we have a compilation video with parts, but not all, of the various groups.


And now, for all you hardcore Christmas music fans, is the entire performance of the Pottstown High School Concert Band playing "Carol of the Bells."

2 comments:

  1. wonderful songs for a wonderful time of the year.you really recommended great song here for all viewers.

    Christmas music station

    ReplyDelete