|This dragon is made from recyclable materials.|
That's part of the idea for the latest art project sponsored by The Gallery School of Pottstown which is planning a show, titled "Re-Creative," of art made up of recycled materials from March 17 to April 27.
They need your help in two ways.
First, they need artists, for whom they have issued an open call.
"We are looking for artists who create in recycled, upcycled and salvaged materials. There will be a $100 Best in Show prize sponsored by the Building Industries Exchange of Pottstown and Vicinity's Green Team," read an e-mail from the gallery.
Click here for a printable application you can fill out to have your work in the show.
|This portrait is from recyclable stuff too.|
They also need your help getting materials. It shouldn't be too hard, given that many of us fill a giant blue bin with the stuff every week.
Here is a list of what they're looking for:
|Not sure what this is...|
- Sunday newspaper coupon inserts (can be expired)
- Gallon and half gallon plastic milk jugs
- Plastic liquid laundry detergent bottles
- 2 liter plastic soda bottles
- Plastic shopping bags (colored bags preferred, i.e. blue, yellow, green)
- Soda can and soup can pop tabs
- Paper towel and toilet paper tubes
|This piece is as cute as a button ... (sorry)|
- Old board games, especially Scrabble (missing pieces OK)
- Old/broken/unwanted jewelry Old t-shirts (all colors and sizes)
Items can be dropped off any time during our regular business hours: Tuesday through Friday 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Please make sure each item is rinsed and clean of its original contents.
Questions? You can email or give them a call at 610-326-2506.