Friday, June 25, 2021

Speaker Apologizes for Fire Meeting Comments

More than 75 people addended Tuesday's West Pottsgrove Township meeting regarding the future of the West End Fire Company.

Blogger's Note:
The following was submitted by Jamie Leflar, a West Pottsgrove resident whose comments at Tuesday's meeting regarding the West End Fire Company have caused some concern.

Unfortunately, statements that I made at the special meeting of West Pottsgrove Township on Tuesday June 22, 2021 were reported in a manner that has caused hurt in the Pottstown community and it was never my intention to do so. 

My goal was to support our much loved West End Fire Company and stress the importance of quick response times when a fire breaks out. 

I did not intend to lay blame at the feet of any of the brave men and women who responded to the fire in Pottstown Borough on Monday June 21, 2021 for the tragic events that unfolded. 

I hold all volunteer firefighters in the highest regard and it breaks my heart that my words are being used to imply anything to the opposite. 

I extend my sincerest apology to the Pottstown community for any hurt that may have come from what I said, and my deepest sympathy for the loss that the Pottstown community experienced this week.

-- Jamie Leflar

No comments:

Post a Comment