Pottstown will host an e-waste recycling program for borough residents on Saturday, June 16 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Reading parking lot off South Hanover Street.
The following items will be accepted for recycling:
- Computer -- PCs/laptops and servers;
- Monitors -- CRT/LCD
- TVs -- CRT/Console/Projection/Flat panel;
- Networking devices -- servers, routers, switches, hubs, arrays
- Printers, fax machines, scanners, copiers, plotters, typewriters (who still has those?)
- Audio/video devices, CD, DCD,VHS,Blue Ray players, MP3s, iPods, stereos, projectors, video game consoles
- Cell phones, PDAs, telephones, pagers, telecommunication devices
- Surge protectors, power supplies
- All cables, wires, power cords
- All items used in the function of these devices, such as keyboards, mice, speakers, etc.
There is no fee for most electronics, but there is one for televisions
- $20 for all flat screens
- $25 for TVS and monitors up to 29 inches
- $45 for TVs and monitors from 30 to 55 inches
- $70 for TVs and monitors of 56 inches or larger.
Here is a list of things that will NOT be accepted:
- Fossil fuels
- Media contaminated with oil
- Equipment containing asbestos
- Equipment containing chemicals
- Equipment containing freon
- Infectious/biological waste or equipment contaminated by it
- Equipment that contains radioactive components, such as smoke detectors
- Materials that would adversely impact operations or result in environment/health problems
Questions should be addressed to the Pottstown Licensing and Inspections Department at 610-970-6520.