Wednesday, September 13, 2017

A Boost for the Youngest Pottsgrove Students



The media landscape of the day can be very distracting.

And I would like to tell you that I was late to the Pottsgrove School Board meeting Tuesday night because I was working on an important story.

And that does happen.

I swear.

But not this time. This time I had burrowed into a Facebook hole on an issue which was neither immediate, nor important, but which indeed did make me late.

As a result, I missed what a helpful source later told me was the news that some financial software the district uses will expire within the year and that Business Manager Dave Nester said it will require a purchase of $200,000 to $300,000 of unbudgeted funds to buy a new one.

I don't have the particulars so you will have to keep up with The Mercury for news of that development.

However, given that unpexpected expense, one wonders at why some members of the school board -- Robert Lindgren and Bill Parker -- would raise a warning note about a free Pre-K Counts class being offered to 20 students at West Pottsgrove Elementary School.

Well, you don't have to wonder, you can see their reasons in the Tweets below.

No comments:

Post a Comment