Sunday, January 15, 2017

Acrylic Art Now on Display at The Hill School

"Daybreak by Annalie Hudson









Blogger's Note: The following was provided by The Hill School.

An exhibit called “Ten Years” by acrylic painter Annalie Hudson, opened yesterday in The Hill School's Boyer Gallery of the Center For The Arts. 

Hudson’s exhibit will run through Feb. 17.  

The Gallery, located at 780 Beech Street, Pottstown, Pa., is generally open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday by appointment.

Hudson is a member of the Pasadena Society of Artists and the Upstairs Studio Artists, Phoenixville, Pa. 

She has exhibited her work in Pennsylvania and California galleries including nearby Goggleworks Schmidt Gallery in Reading and Ursinus College’s Berman Museum of Art in Collegeville. 

Her work also has been featured in Philadelphia Stories Magazine, the Artists Equity Show (Philadelphia), and the Eileen Fisher Store Exhibit (Pasadena).

Hudson writes: “At 50, I began to play around with acrylic paints to see if an artist lived inside of me. The vastness of the rugged American Southwest landscape was my first inspiration. Its expansiveness fueled my imagination. Creativity is a natural resource, but not always easily accessible. Sometimes journaling and walking gets my artistic juices flowing again. Painting lets me communicate what my words cannot say.”

Hudson also notes that her daughter, Gillian Yao Wenhold, Hill School class of 2014, is another great source of inspiration for her. Hudson writes, “I met her in China when she was just nine months old. From her, I have learned the importance of focus, commitment, and dedication.”

No comments:

Post a Comment