Saturday, August 9, 2014

A Steely Council Meeting

New Pottstown Police officers Matthew Maciejewski, left, and Brett Cortis get sworn in at Wednesday night's borough council meeting.


So for those of you who don't know, I occasionally have a life that does not include municipal meetings.

On Wednesday night, with great reluctance, I gave up my chance to attend the Pottstown Borough Council work session, and instead made a pilgrimage to Bethlehem to Musikfest where I saw one of my favorite bands -- Steely Dan -- perform live.

As my darling bride aptly observed, "really, this is the soundtrack of our youth."

So on a beautiful summer evening, with a warm breeze playing and a Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy in my hand, I forgot about Pottstown municipal affairs for a few hours and surprised myself with how many lyrics I remembered from those songs.

Luckily for you readers who are addicted to the goings on of Pottstown municipal government, Mercury Ace Frank Otto stood ready to stand in.

And so he did, pelting out Tweets with a dizzying frequency and them organizing them into this handy Storify for me to purloin shamelessly and present here as if I did it myself.

So, without further ado, I present to you, Frank Otto's Twitter coverage.


No comments:

Post a Comment