Saturday, April 26, 2014

The 'Top Teacher' so Nice, You Can Vote for Her Twice (...or even three times)

Mercury Photo by John Strickler
Barth elementary first grade teacher Ellen Eisele is one of 12 finalists for Top Teacher honors on Live with Kelly and Michael. You can vote for her once a day at http://bit.ly/1lOn6mr


Barth first grade teacher Ellen Eisele suffers from severe arthritis and, at age 50, has already had to have a knee replaced.

It rarely keeps her out of the classroom, but they don’t do replacement knee surgery in elementary classrooms, so it has landed her in the hospital at least once.

“While she was in the local hospital last April for her surgery a young nursing student came in to care for her. They looked at each other and realized Ellen had taught this lovely young lady in first grade at Barth Elementary School,” wrote Susan Deegan-Watson, Eisele’s self-described best friend.

“Her former student hugged her and told her and her husband Fred that she is the reason she continued to be a good student and wanted to become a nurse because Ellen always told her she could be anything she wanted to be if she just studied hard and was a good citizen,” wrote Deegan-Watson.

Mercury Photo by John Strickler
You can vote for Ellen Eisele until Monday at 5 p.m.
Her letter was to television personalities Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan, hosts of the long-running morning show, “Live with Kelly and Michael.”

She was writing to them to nominate Eisele as the Top Teacher, and the Kelly and Michael show is where the winner will be announced.

Eisele is already one of twelve nationwide semi-finalists and can be one of five if she gets enough
votes by 5 p.m. Monday.

You can vote online once every 24 hours at http://bit.ly/1lOn6mr

The site, where you will find Deegan-Watson’s full letter, also allows comments and Eisele has collected quite a few compliments there.

If the true measure of a successful teacher is the success of their students, it could easily be argued that Eisele is already a Top Teacher.

What follows is just a sampling of her fan base:

• “I am 29 and Mrs. Eisele was my teacher at Barth. She was always kind, caring and loving. She is a teacher I will never forget. She is the best hands down,” wrote Aubre Carter.

• “My oldest had her for first grade. Now her younger sister is currently in her class.. my girls speak very highly of her all the time. We hope that when our younger two are in first grade that they are in her class as well. Mrs. Eisele is a wonderful teacher. Good luck from the Prouty family,” posted Dannielle Prouty of Norristown.

• “Ellen is what teachers should be. Educators that love for children to go forward in this world,” wrote Lenny Cox.

• “I had Mrs.Eisele in elementary school , I’m now a senior class of 2014! And she’s still my favorite teacher. Funny my little sister now has her as well! We love you Mrs. Eisele! We hope you win!” wrote DeIoni Tinson.

• “My son is currently in Mrs. Eisele’s first grade class. He has learned so much this year. Not only has Mrs. Eisele been instrumental in helping him learn his “book smarts,” but we have also see a difference in his behavior. He is more conscious of his actions, and focuses on being a ‘good citizen,” Erin Michelle Egleston posted.




• “My two children were students of Mrs. Eisele before she went to her present school. She was an awesome teacher and was instrumental in providing such support for all her students,” posted Donna Grace Bersaglia.

“My husband traveled a lot at that time of our lives and my son was more affected by it. She knew when and could tell and was so very helpful and kind especially at those times. I came in as a helper weekly and could see the love she had for her students,” Bersaglia wrote.

“My daughter is now a high school special education teacher in a neighboring district and because of her and other teachers like her, she saw how special a teacher can be in a child’s life,” according to Bersaglia.

• “Ellen was my tutor when I was very young. I still have a book she gave me and have read it to my daughter several times. She is a wonderful person,” posted Andrea Palladino Noel.

• “Mrs. Eisele was my daughter’s teacher in first grade. She loved her as soon as she stepped into her room. And Mrs. Eisele loved her too I never met a more amazing teacher in my life,” wrote Stacey Ehrhart.

No comments:

Post a Comment