Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Shirt Makes the Man (Or Woman)

Photo courtesy of John Armato
Pottstown Schools are known for many things and one of them is a pretty strict uniform policy.

I will confess that I opposed this when it was proposed, hippie relic that I am, but once it was implemented I have grown fond of it.

As might be expected, it has raised a few eyebrows and problems over the years, not the least of which was the infamous "Ugg boots" controversy which, to be told, had little to do with the policy and a lot to do with middle school kids being stupid.

As the parent of a middle school kids, all I can say is "go figure."

Anyhoo.

A bunch of folks in the district had a good idea, to sell T-shirts which allow Pottstown residents to proudly proclaim they are from Pottstown.

On the front are the words "We Are Pottstown."

On the back, well look at the picture and see for yourself.

And no where would such shirts be better worn than in the schools.

Now I know where you think I'm going with this, but you're wrong.

Although technically such shirts would be a violation of the Pottstown Uniform Policy if worn in school, the Pottstown School Board has wisely chosen to make an exception.

At a recent meeting they discussed the matter and had no objection to these shirts being worn in school.

I should hope not.

Below is the order form so you can get one for yourself and one for your favorite Pottstownian for Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment