Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Call for Artists: 17th Scenes of the Schuylkill Art Show

This oil painting won Best in Show at the 2019 Scenes of the Schuylkill Art Show. It’s titled “The Papermill of Papermill Road,” and is by Russell Slocum. 

Blogger's Note:
The following was submitted by the Schuylkill River Greenways National Heritage Area.

The Schuylkill River Greenways National Heritage Area invites artists to submit original artwork or photography for the 17th Annual Scenes of the Schuylkill Juried Art Show and Sale that will display at the Walk In Art Center in Schuylkill Haven. 

The Best in Show artist or photographer will receive a $500 prize. 

Pieces ranked in second place, third place, as honorable mentions, and selected as the staff choice will also receive cash prizes. 

Tulu Bayar, the Art and Art History Department Chair at Bucknell University, will be the guest juror of this year’s show. Bayar will select the final pieces to be accepted into the show and will also rank the submitted pieces. 

This digital photograph is called “Tundradelphia,” and
was taken by Will Thompson. The photograph received an
honorable mention in the 2019 Scenes of the Schuylkill Art Show.
Artists and photographers are invited to submit their original work on paper or canvas of a scene within the Heritage Area. 

The Heritage Area encompasses the Schuylkill River watershed within Schuylkill, Berks, Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties. 

The submitted artwork or photography should communicate the distinctive nature of the region and can focus on people, the river, streams, landscape, or historic properties. 

The prospectus and application can be viewed at schuylkillriver.org/artshow

The 2021 show is at a new location this year, the Walk In Art Center. The center is located at 220 Parkway, Schuylkill Haven, PA 17972. 

This painting is called “Put the Yak in the River and Go,”
and is by Jon Bond. The painting received an honorable
mention in the 2019 Scenes of the Schuylkill Art Show. 

Artists are invited to deliver artwork or photography for submission to the center on Oct. 17 from 2 to 5 p.m., and on Oct. 18 from 5 to 8 p.m. 

The 17th Annual Scenes of the Schuylkill Art Show will open as a free exhibit to the public on Oct. 25 and close on Nov. 13. The artwork in the exhibit will be available for purchase. 

For more information about this year’s show, visit schuylkillriver.org/artshow. 

The Schuylkill River Greenways NHA is a non-profit organization with the mission of connecting residents, visitors and communities to the Schuylkill River and the Schuylkill River Trail by serving as a catalyst for civic engagement and economic development in order to foster stewardship of the watershed and its heritage.

2 comments:

  1. Hello everyone, my name is Walter George I am so overwhelmed with joy all thanks to Dr. Wale spell. My Wife  left me for another man a few years back and I was very devastated because I never did anything wrong to her, I was left with my two kids and a job that pays little. I was almost giving up until I saw a testimony online about Dr. Wale and I decided to contact him. I explained my problem to him and he assured me I'll see a positive result after 24 hours, surprisingly my Wife came back the day after the spell begging me to forgive her and promised to never leave. My Wife has been back for 6 months now and we've never had any issues, am glad I didn't doubt Dr. Wale cause he sure can solve any problems with fast relief you can also contact him for help now WhatsApp/Text him: +1(978) 406-9575.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creativity is a art that comes from professional weather it is interiors decoration, photography, painting or any other field. There is deep thought behind each art.

    ReplyDelete