The Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation has awarded $1,048,204 in grant requests during the fall grant round of fiscal year 2017-2018 to 30 non-profit organizations, schools and municipalities.
“These programs play a vital role in championing health and wellness in the community, fulfilling the mission of the Foundation,” Foundation President Dave Kraybill said.
Grant requests are submitted based on the following priority areas:
1A: Promoting healthy living through nutrition, activities and programs in public and private schools to reduce obesity and encourage healthy living
1B: Improving parks, programming and the built environment to increase access to physical activity
1C: Creating and promoting social networks involving healthy living
2: PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL HEALTH
3: STRENGTHEN NON-PROFITS
The following list identifies the 30 organizations receiving funding during the Foundation’s most recent grant round:
PRIORITY #1A: ($20,000).
- Pine Forge Academy - Four-H (Health, Hands, Head & Heart) Project
PRIORITY #1B: ($100,000).
- Colebrookdale Railroad Preservation Trust- Community Recreation Center in Memorial Park
PRIORITY #1C: ($664,915).
- Centro Cultural Latinos Unidos Inc- Distress to De-Stress & Beauty
- Developmental Enterprises Corporation/Pottstown Training Center- Healthy Eating, Healthy Living
- Family Services of Montgomery County- Building Resilience Among Young Parents
- Meals On Wheels of Chester County Inc.- Assistance in purchasing meals for needy, homebound individuals in Spring City
- Pottstown Area Police Athletic League- Pottstown PAL
- Pottstown Athletic Club- Fitnesstown USA III
- Pottstown Cluster of Religious Communities- Building a Healthy Community
- Pottstown Downtown Improvement District Authority- Pottstown FARM
- Preservation Pottstown Inc- Mosaic Community Garden 2018 Application
- Rockstar Roller Derby- Venue & Equipment Upgrades
- Schuylkill River Athletic Club- C.R.E.W. Community Recreational Water athletics program
- The Pennsylvania State University- Custom Module Development for Trauma Awareness Training
- TriCounty Active Adult Center- Prime Time Health *
- Wellness Council of Boyertown- Continuing to Create a Culture of Wellness
- YWCA Tri-County Area- Strategic Plan Implementation Year
PRIORITY #2: ($225,789).
- Camphill Village Kimberton Hills- Aging in Community Program*
- Carson Valley Children's Aid- Women's Voices/Healthy Choices
- Child Advocacy Center of Montgomery County, d/b/a Mission Kids- Fostering Resiliency through Family Advocacy*
- Garrett The Grand - Batten Fighter- Get out and play, motivating families with disabilities to run and bike.
- Health Care Access- Health Care Access Programs
- Maternity Care Coalition- Pottstown Area Early Head Start and Parenting Initiative*
- Montgomery County Community College Foundation- Dental Sealant Project
- Spring-Ford Counseling Services- Signs of Suicide*
- Triskeles- Food For Thought (FFT) & Expansion Planning
- Visiting Nurse Association Community Services, Inc. (VNA) - Personal Navigator Program with Expanded Legal Support*
PRIORITY #3: ($37,500).
- Royersford Outreach, Inc. - General Operating Funds for Building and Program
- The Erik Foundation- Marketing and Branding Campaign
- TriCounty Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation Inc- Worksite Wellness Initiative
*Identifies organizations who received grant funding from the Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation East Auxiliary.