YWCA Tri-County Area is accepting nominations for exceptional girls in grades 4 through 12 for its second annual Tribute to Exceptional Girls. Nominees and award winners will be honored during a brunch on May 6.
Modeled after YWCA’s long-running and successful Tribute to Exceptional Women, the Tribute to Exceptional Girls honors girls who are making a difference in their schools and in their communities.
Community members are invited to nominate girls in the following categories:
- Arts – honors girls in grades 4 through 12 who have a love for art and the ability to express self-truth through artistic expression.
- Health and Wellness – honors girls in grades 4 through 12 who promote, demonstrate, and encourage the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
- STEM – honors girls in grades 6 through 12 who have a passion and who take initiative in science, technology, engineering and/or math.
- The Coretta Scott King Award for social justice honors girls in grades 6 through 12 who are an agent of change by advocating, influencing and making an impact among her peers in the areas of social justice, peace, equality, and human rights.
- Rising Star Award for girls in 12th grade who exhibit leadership qualities, and who are role models or mentors to her peers.
The Tribute to Exceptional Girls will be from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 6, at the Hill School, 860 Beech St., Pottstown.