Tuesday, April 4, 2017

A Recreation Loss and Retirement Gain

As is their custom, the Lower Pottsgrove Township Commissioners made quick work of their agenda Monday night.

Within 35 minutes, the meeting was over and I am beginning to suspect that they are in a secret competition with Douglass (Mont.) supervisors to see who can have the fastest meeting.

Douglass also met last night but I chose Lower Pottsgrove because I missed the last one and because by the time I finished writing my story for today's paper, I knew I would never make it to Gilbertsville without breaking the speed limit.

That said, the biggest thing on the agenda, the progress on improving the Route 422/Sanatoga interchange was already deftly handled by the township's partners over in Limerick and by my co-worker, Eric Devlin, who wrote a story about their action to which the Lower Pottsgrove side had little to add.

The township also approved the ordinance allowing for the early retirement program for the police department, included as part of the most recently adopted police contract.

Of local note, Rich Wood, who served on the township's Recreation Commission for several years and was a mainstay of the Pottsgrove Soccer Association, resigned because his family is moving out of state.

All commissioners said they regretted his resignation and thanked him for his service.

Otherwise, it was pretty routine folks. Here are the Tweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment