Wednesday, June 1, 2016

High Street Jazz Up On The Hill

Photo by Karen Maxfield

The High Street Music Company Jazz Ensemble, from left, is Matt Asti, Gary Oberholtzer, Larry Marshall, Dylan Brandt, Liz, Haeckler, Brian Christman, Chloe Francis, Kyle Kratzer and Led by Louis Rieger.



It was a busy weekend, and hot.

With no air conditioning in my attic office, I try not to venture up there when the mercury goes too high.

That means I don't feel too bad about delaying a post that is largely a personal indulgence.

Not to belittle the accomplishments of The High Street Music Company's Jazz Ensemble, but if my son were not a member, I doubt I would have attended the spring recital Sunday at The Hill School's Center for the Arts.

That said, I can say, as objectively as a proud father can, that they're awesome and I'm glad I got to hear them.

And now you can too.

For free!

Here are the three tunes they played.

The first is called "Footprints" as arranged by Wayne Shorter:




In addition to being nearly 12 minutes long, the second is titled "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" and is arranged by Rodgers and Hart:




The final tune is "Straight, No Chaser" by Thelonius Monk:





No comments:

Post a Comment