Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A Great Night to be Out Covering National Night Out

There is always some nice sidewalk chalk work at the National Night Out event at Trinity Reformed United Church of Christ at King and North Charlotte streets.



Every year, it seems, the celebrations, participation and organization of National Night Out events in Pottstown gets better and better.

I had the opportunity to attend three events this year, but this year I changed the order.

Last year, when I arrived at the event at First Church of the Brethren in my neighborhood last, my Councilwoman Sheryl Miller made me feel guilty.

So this year, I was sure to arrive in plenty of time.

This year, I shot most of my video there as well:


As always, there was lots of music and food and play going on at the park at Washington and Chestnut streets.

And Fifth and York had the giant cow from Turkey Hill.

And at Trinity Reformed UCC Church across King Street from The Mercury, the newest of the celebrations continued to provide my favorite chalk work of the evening.

I had a grand old time, and a few too many hot dogs....

Here are the Tweets from the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment