A "Blight Summit," perhaps the first ever of such, will be held Wednesday at Connections on High on Wednesday, April 22, from 9 a.m. until noon.
Connections on High is located at 238 E. High St., Pottstown.
Officially called the "Montgomery County Land Bank and Blight Summit," it is sponsored by the the Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania, in coordination with the Borough of Pottstown and Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County.
- Land Banks and Land Banking
- Presentations by John Kromer, Fels Center for Government, University of Pennsylvania and Winnie Branton, Branton Strategies LLC
- An update te on land banks in Pennsylvania – where they’ve been established, how they are operating, and what lies ahead
- How a land bank might benefit nonprofit and private developers in Montgomery County
- Start-up and initial operating costs.
- Strategic Property Maintenance Code Enforcement with Eric D. Weiss, former director, Bureau of Code Enforcement and Rehabilitation City of Allentown
- Innovative and effective code enforcement practices that may be suitable for replication in Montgomery County