|Boxes of food for last year's needy families were loaded at the Manatawny Association.|
|Everyone ate their fill at last year's holiday party at Norco Fire Co.|
Food will be distributed to 59 needy families in the area, and gifts for the 150 children in those families, will take on Dec. 19.
And on Dec. 20, a holiday party for more than 100 other foster children will held at noon at the Norco Fire House.
Organizer Jim Frymoyer said an example of the families being helped include on in which three
|This lucky lad met a special someone last year|
A friend with four children of his own is trying to adopt the three children without parents so they will not be split up into different foster homes.
Families include 12 recommended by the Cluster of Religious Communities; eight who are on the free or reduced lunch program in the Pottstown School District; three who are in hospice and 19 who are recommended by Montgomery County Children and Youth.
The party to brighten their holidays will include a magician, balloon maker, a visit from Santa, a face painter and a buffet of food.
But help is needed to make it happen.
This year, instead of putting out boxes and asking for donations of food for the food baskets, organizers are asking for donations of $10 or $20 Giant Food Store cards that will be wrapped and included with the turkey and ham that will also be in the baskets.
|Of course there were lots of gifts for the kids.|
Milk, eggs and peanut butter and jelly are already being provided by the Comfort Inn and the United Auto Workers Retirees are providing cereal and oatmeal for the food baskets.
Money is also needed to pay for the party and to keep the Reed-Frymoyer Scholarship Fund going.
Established in 2012, it honors the memory of Shawn Reed of Spring City, who went to St. Pius X High School, and James Frymoyer who went to Pottsgrove High School.
This year a $1,000 football scholarship will be provided to Mark Bonomo, Perkiomen High School Class of 2013; and to Nico Demetrio, Pottsgrove High School Class of 2013.
Donations (checks should be made out to James Frymoyer, with a notation if it is for the scholarship
|Pookie the Clown did face (and hand) painting.|
You can also help by donating toys at the Angel Trees located throughout the community.
They are located at:
- Dana Holding Corporation, 1040 Center Ave. in Pottstown (610-322-4200)
- Manatawny Association, 20 King St. in Pottstown (610-326-8840)
- Piazza Honda of Pottstown, 629 N. Lewis Road in Limerick (610-495-7076)
- Piazza Hyundai of Limerick, 640 Lewis Road in Limerick (610-495-7070)
- Sea Star Solutions, 640 Lewis Road in Limerick (610-495-7011)
- Sign Krafters, 1392 Ben Franklin Highway in Douglassville (610-949-8475)
- Spring-Ford Diner, 55 E. Bridge St. in Spring City (610-792-3404)
- T & N Hair Salon, 1220 N. Hanover St. in Pottstown (610-970-1606)
- Tim's Ugly Mug Bar & Grill, 1281 E. Main St. in Douglassville (610-404-1155)
- Traffic Planning & Design, 2500 E. High St., Suite 650 in Lower Pottsgrove (610-326-3100)
- Tri-County Toyota, 15 D & L Dr. in Limerick (484-984-4999)
- U.S. Axle, 275 Shoemaker Road in Pottstown (610-323-3800)
- Vito's N.Y. Style Pizza and Deli, 569 W. High St. in West Pottsgrove (610-327-3354)
- Comfort Inn, 99 Robinson St. in Pottstown (610-326-5000)
|Rich Gerber performed magic at last year's party.|
Vendor Bingo, held the third Friday of each month at the Friendship Fire Company, 269 Green St. in Royersford, will devote its Nov. 21 proceeds to the holiday project.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and Bingo begins promptly at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $5 and includes a free wildcard sheet. Children are admitted for free.
You play the vendor rounds you choose.
Winners win products from vendors such as Jazzy Jewelry, Stampin Up, Avon, Celebrating Home, Jam Nails, Scentsy, Pink Zebra, Tastefully simple, Pampered Chef, Third-One, Sweet Ashley's Chocolates and more.
Regular games are $1 per card or three cards for $2 and the charity round is $2 per card or three cards for $5.
The kitchen is open for dinner and there is a cash bar.