Interested candidates will have the opportunity to learn about open positions, meet with Steel River’s leadership, and tour the facility.
Paid and stipend positions include Education Coordinator, Music Coordinator, Tech Director, Concessions/Retail Manager, Stage and Music Directors, Production Designers (e.g., sets, costumes, lighting, sound, props, hair and makeup), Directors, and Stage Managers.
Instructors of music, voice, and acting are also encouraged to apply for future positions that are expected to become available.
Adults and students from middle school age on up can explore a host of volunteer learning and social opportunities in virtually every area of the performing arts center.
High school and college students are also eligible to sign up for internship opportunities to satisfy their volunteer or external learning requirements.
Some examples of volunteer opportunities include:
Steel River also welcomes area performers to visit during the Job and Volunteer Fair to learn more about Steel River’s mission and facilities.
- Technical theater (set construction and painting, costuming, lighting and sound operation, props, hair and make-up)
- Stage management and backstage run crew
Is lighting crew right for you?
- Production Assistants
- House management and ushers
- Music support, especially piano accompaniment
- Riser moves, maintenance and repairs
- Administrative support (such as receptionist, phone support, filing, photocopying)
- Software and data entry/utilization
- Concession and retail sales
- Box office
- Education support/teacher aides
- Event planning and hosting
- Marketing and public relations (including social media)
- Graphic design
- Literary analysis and dramaturgy
Candidates for paid and stipend positions may sign up for initial interview slots ahead of time by contacting email@example.com or are welcome to request an interview slot on the day of their visit.
Additional interviews may be scheduled at other times for those who are not available during the Job and Volunteer Fair. Department representatives will also be on hand to meet with volunteer candidates to provide information and answer questions.
A variety of audition opportunities and instrumental openings are available for the upcoming season. Come learn about sharing your talent with the community and region.
For more information, visit www.steelriver.org. Steel River Playhouse is located at 245 E. High Street, Pottstown, PA 19464.
Steel River Playhouse, a nonprofit 501(c) (3) charitable education and performance facility, is a key component of the revitalization of historic downtown Pottstown.
Steel River seeks to strengthen community, inspire creative exploration, educate, and entertain, through the presentation of quality performing arts events and education for diverse audiences.