|Take a ride along Chester County's country roads June 10 as part of the Iron Tour.|
The Iron Tour bicycle fund raiser will be held June 10, but registration ends June 5 and you can't sign up the day of the event, so you had better get cracking cyclists.
You can join more than 1,500 riders for scenic cycling through Iron Furnace country and have a blast!
The ride benefits the French and Pickering Creeks Conservation Trust preserves open space where iron blast furnaces and forges served as cornerstones of industry in colonial Pennsylvania – hence “Iron Tour.”
Register by 5 p.m. on May 29 and receive a free 10th Annual Iron Tour t-shirt. Registrations after that time will be $50 with no t-shirt.
Also, registration will close at 1,800 riders or at 5 p.m., June 5, whichever comes first.
You can register on-line by clicking here.
With courses ranging from 10 to 100 miles, there’s something for everyone – from seasoned riders looking for a challenge to families with kids in tow.
For details, see below:
|Crossing French Creek on Hares Hill Road in|
- Rides for all levels, from beginners to accomplished cyclists with 10, 20, 34, 50, 64, 75, and 100 mile course options;
- Well marked courses and cue sheets;
- Quiet, lightly traveled roads and scenic countryside;
- Fully stocked rest stops (beverages, fresh fruit, snacks);
- Free T-shirt if you register by 5 p.m., May 29;
- Free lunch after the ride;
- Playground and picnic grounds for families;
- Professional massage ($10 gratuity)
- Kimberton Fire Company Fairgrounds, 752 Pike Springs Road, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania 19460
(ENTER FAIRGROUNDS FROM ROUTE 113/PIKE SPRINGS ROAD ONLY)
- 6:45 a.m.: Check-In opens for 75 and 100 mile rides
- 7:15 – 10 a.m.: Check-In open for all rides
- 7:15 - 8 a.m.: 75 and 100 mile rides begin
- 8 – 8:30 a.m.: 50 and 64 mile rides begin
- 9 – 9:30 a.m.: 34 mile ride begins
- 9:30 – 10 a.m.: 20 mile ride begins
- 10 – 10:30 a.m.: 10 mile ride begins
- 4:30 p.m.: Ride support ends
FYI: The French Creek Iron Tour takes place rain or shine.
- All participants must wear bicycle helmets and sign waivers;
- Use of headphones, earbuds, etc. while riding is strictly prohibited;
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
If you have questions, contact the French and Pickering Creeks Conservation Trust at 610-933-7577 or by email: email@example.com or by snail mail at: French and Pickering Creeks Conservation Trust, 511 Kimberton Road, Phoenixville, PA 19460