Thursday, August 30, 2018

Meet New Franklin Principal Mary Beth Kramer

New Franklin Elementary School Principal Mary Beth Kramer


Some of you may have read an article I wrote for The Mercury Sunday about all the new teachers and administrators being hired, particularly in Pottstown.

With more than 30 faces, you don't always get to meet and interview everyone.

However, thanks to the ever-present John Armato, we do have something written by one of those new faces, Franklin Elementary Principal Mary Beth Kramer.

She replaces Kevin Downes, who retired this year.

What follows is something she wrote about why she got into education:
I knew from a young age that I wanted to be a teacher. 
I went to Saint Joseph’s University, graduating with a major in history and a minor in secondary education. After college, I spent several years in sales before having the opportunity to come back to work in education.

I became a Social Studies teacher at Penn Wood High School in the William Penn School District. While teaching at Penn Wood, I pursued my masters in educational leadership at Arcadia University and earned my administrative certification.

I taught ninth and tenth grade students for eight years at the high school, every day learning more and more from my students and their families. In 2016, I moved into an administrative role in William Penn, becoming Principal of Bell Avenue Elementary School.

I learned that working with elementary-age students is an incredible gift, and that I gained a monumental responsibility to start my students’ educational careers off on a path to success.

I grew up in nearby Collegeville, and volunteered at Pottstown Memorial Medical Center for several years in middle and high school, where my mother also worked.

Pottstown always impressed me as a strong community in which people took much pride.

I am thrilled to have the opportunity to come to Franklin Elementary, and to work with the dedicated staff and amazing families to provide new and exciting opportunities for our students.
Welcome to Pottstown Ms. Kramer and best of luck to you:

No comments:

Post a Comment